ABOUT SCHOOL OF VOCATIONAL AND TECHNICAL EDUCATION
Faculty of Vocational and Technical Education (FVTE) now School of Vocational and Technical Education (SVTE) was established in 2011.
The School came into existence as a result of the passion the former Rector, Dr. J.O. Agboola has for Education.
The National Commission for Colleges of Education (NCCE) granted approval to the Institution to mount NCE programmes in Technical, Vocational and Science Education on 8th July, 2011.
The approved programmes are Education, Technical Education, Business Education, Computer Education, Integrated Science and Mathematics with the following subject combinations:
• Business Education (Double Major) with the following options:
- Office Technology and Management Education
• Technical Education (Double Major) with the following options:
- Automobile Technology
- Building Technology
- Electrical / Electronics Technology
- Metalwork Technology
- Woodwork Technology
• Computer Science / Mathematics
• Computer Science / Integrated Science
• Integrated Science / Mathematics
The School took off fully in 2014/2015 Academic Session.
The School is headed by a Dean who gives academic and administrative leadership to the School. The Dean co-ordinates all the activities of the Heads of Departments for the smooth running of the School.
The School has a board comprising the following members:
- The Dean Chairman
- Head of Department, General Studies in Education Member
- Head of Department, Science Education ”
- Head of Department, General Education ”
- Head of Department, Technical Education ”
- Head of Department, Business Education ”
- Chief Lecturers ”
- School Officer Secretary
The School has five Departments namely:
• Department of General Education
• Department of General Studies in Education
• Department of Business Education
• Department of Technical Education
• Department of Science Education
The Dean is also supported by administrative staff for the smooth running of the School.
The School officer keeps academic and personal records of the students, registration for semester courses and examinations and any other duty assigned by the Dean and the Registrar.
The Administrative staff are:
|1||Mr. Olaleye, Felix Akinade||HND, B.Sc., MBA|
|2||Mrs. Ogunwemimo, E.T.||HND, PGDE|
|3||Miss Omoregie, Blessing E.||HND|
|4||Mr. Ogundipe, Funsho||WASCE|
In the year 2019, full accreditation of all the programmes was awarded to the School by the National Commission for Colleges of Education (NCCE).
The Institution has a vision for the School. The vision is to become an Institution of learning that centres on the production of highly qualified man power needs in Vocational and Technical Education. The Mission is to produce highly motivated, efficient and quality teachers for Vocational and Technical Education for the immediate environment, the State and Nigeria in general.